Advanced Yoga Studies & Teacher Training
This program is about so much more than preparing yoga teachers!
It's about deepening your yoga practice, gaining knowledge and understanding about your mind, body & spirit, finding balance, and loving yourself.
200-hour yoga teacher training
This in-depth training and coaching program offers you a structured environment for transitioning into the rewarding role of teacher while continuing to live your life off the mat (work, kids, family).
You’ll learn the mechanics of hatha yoga (the most practiced form of yoga in the West) while developing the skills and confidence necessary to teach. This is an extensive program providing more than 200 hours in instruction & practical experience. Gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to impact your students on every level.
All of Purple Lotus Yoga programs combine mind-body lectures, yoga classes, group activities, coaching sessions, and other self-enhancement exercises to deepen your understanding and knowledge of yoga and your self.
our curriculum includes, but is not limited to:
Hatha Yoga Essentials & Techniques: Deepen your own understanding while learning how to teach these essentials to others.
- Breakdown of 50 beginning to intermediate asanas including alignment and modifications in the five main categories of poses–standing, seated, prone, supine and inversion. Includes lecture, demonstration, personal exploration and outside homework.
- Basic breathing techniques and pranayama (they ARE different) as well as the physiological, mental and emotional benefits of four key breathing practices.
- Meditation is the art of stillness and quiet. Learn about the benefits and various methods for meditation including relaxation, guided imagery, and mantras.
Methods of a Teacher: Learn teaching techniques culminated from a decade+ of experience (and mistakes).
- Structure & sequence a beginner to intermediate level class. Learn the four sections of class and the tips for creating a logical flow of postures.
- Learn tools of the trade and how to mix & match to create a unique class experience every time
- Ethics and the teacher’s role in a group class environment.
Yogic Philosophy: Study the rich and ancient history of this self-realization practice.
- Basic history, including the key teachers who had the biggest impact on how we practice yoga today.
- Basic philosophy including the eight limbs and six major forms of yoga. Analyze and interpret the Yoga Sutras, and study how this ancient system is still applicable in the modern world.
- Evolution of yoga from a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual perspective, and how it grows to become a way of life, not just a set of postures.
Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: Study the physical and energetic anatomy of the human body.
- The 12 major systems of the body, their functions and how yoga impacts each one, providing physiological reasons and benefits.
- The Eastern tradition of chakras, the seven major energy centers of the body.
CLASS DATES: Feb 17-18, March 24-25, April 21-22, May 19-20, June 16-17, & July 21-22
Plus one additional weekend class each month.
investment & fine print
- Tuition: $2000 full-pay; $683.33 for 3-pay ($2050); $350 for 6-pay ($2100)
- A $200 non-refundable deposit is required and does not apply toward the total tuition listed above. Deposit covers administrative fees.
- Registration and deposit must be received to be considered enrolled in training.
- Approximate cost for the four books is $100. These are great additions for your personal and professional yoga library.
- Participants may opt to take yoga classes at Pure Synergy Wellness Studio. $5/class for teachers-in-training.
You’ll gain the appropriate skills AND eliminate the self-doubts that keep you from being the GREATEST teacher you’re supposed to be.
WE ASKED EACH OF OUR INSTRUCTORS ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH ADVANCED YOGA STUDIES & TEACHER TRAINING AND HERE'S WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY:
(CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW)
Why Purple Lotus Yoga for Teacher Training at Pure Synergy?
As Westerns, we think of yoga in the physical sense, as exercise, but it is so much more and after my studies at teacher training I almost felt cheated for all the years of being so uneducated to the true power of yoga. Besides the physical benefits, yoga has lasting physiological and neurological effects, helps with breathing, is treatment for numerous diseases, health and mental conditions and so much more.
I chose Purple Lotus Yoga for my training, as well as to bring to Pure Synergy, for very specific reasons.
- Non-Traditional - I was looking for something a bit less traditional, but that still respected the cultural of yoga - I mix up all my sanskrit, I don't chant, I am Christian and if you've taken my classes I DON'T have a sweet yoga voice. I'm from Texas y'all!
- No Studio Affiliation - I didn't want someone to expect me to teach at their studio and I certainly didn't want to only learn about the classes they teach.
- Real - I wanted to really learn and be around a group of people with the same mind set. This wasn't about impressing anyone or who's yoga pants were more expensive. Real People. Real Training.
Yoga Advanced Studies and Teacher Training is so much more than teaching. It opens your heart and mind to more than you will ever think you are capable of.